Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cover Loving Saturday

Hopeless Wanderer's Pick

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour.  Now, all of you know that I adore this book in the most high order.  I read it three or four times a year, and what first drew me to it was the cover.  I love to road trip, it's the best kind of vacation in my opinion so when I saw a cover of two people holding hands in the middle of the road, I knew that this book was going to be amazing, and boy I was right.  There are so many things about this cover I love, it perfectly catches the spirit of the novel, in both is ambiguity in not showing Amy and Roger's faces, to it's placement, with them being in California, Nevada, or Utah (I like to imagine the loneliest road in America, but I'm almost 100% that's not it, it's just one of my favorite parts - the whole book is my favorite part)  I love the script too (especially the E, in Epic, isn't it so gorgeous?) and how everything has the summer-y feel with the yellow wash.  I LOVE that hint of best friends or something more with the interlocking fingers.  A perfect cover for one of my favorite reads!

New Romantic's Pick(s)

The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.
I couldn’t pick just one cover to love. So I picked two series. What more can I say about these covers besides they are absolutely beautiful! Whoever the artist was who designed them, I’m recruiting when I publish my book. And the covers reflect what is written inside them. Pure. Awesomeness. I love how for the first few books of The Mortal Instruments, you can’t see their faces, and then eventually you do. I honestly wish they would have the models for the cover be the actors in the movie! They are how I imagined the characters when I read the books. I’m not one for endorsing tattoos, but the shadowhunter’s tats are awesome! I like how they’re somewhat translucent on the cover, even though that’s not how they are in the books. And of course I can’t forget the wonderful Infernal Devices. Those covers just captured the essence of what the story is about. I can sum up why I like these covers in one word; BEAUTIFUL.

As always, thank you for this incredible idea imlovingbooks.com.  Everyone check out her site! She is such a fun reviewer! (her link is in our sidebar!)

No comments:

Post a Comment