Saturday, February 23, 2013

Reached



Title: Reached
Author: Ally Condie
Series: Matched #3
Genres: Distopian, Adventure, Young Adult, Romance
Publisher: Penguin
Released: November 13, 2012
Summary: courtesy of goodreads.com After leaving Society to desperately seek The Rising, and each other, Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again. Cassia is assigned undercover in Central city, Ky outside the borders, an airship pilot with Indie. Xander is a medic, with a secret. All too soon, everything shifts again.
For Fans Of: Requiem, Hunger Games, Insurgent.
My Review: I wasn't at all thrilled with this book. It was a bit too choppy for my taste and I ended up just skimming the rest of the book looking for key ideas in the plot. Only I didn't find much. And I guess I must have missed a lot while reading "Crossed" because I don't remember half of the stuff that is mentioned in "Reached".
I'm not a huge fan of this writing style. It leaves me wanting more...conversations out loud rather than internal monologue all the time. I actually prefer her LDS adult books she's written to these. It almost seemed like she was trying too hard to finish this series off with a bang. Only it was more of a fizzle. Matched  was promising and then the series just went down from there when the sequel came out. I guess I'm just not a fan of this series.


No comments:

Post a Comment