Tuesday, October 30, 2012

After Hello



Author: Lisa Mangum
Series: N/A
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult.
Publisher: Shadow Mountain
Released: September 4, 2012
Summary: courtesy of goodreads.com What if the first day of your relationship was the only day you had?
Seventeen-year-old Sara is a seeker. She’s always on the lookout for the perfect moment to capture with her ever-present, point-and-shoot camera, especially on her first trip to New York City.
Sam is a finder. He has a knack for finding what other people can’t—a first-edition book or the last two tickets to a sold-out Broadway show. In New York, there is always something interesting to find.
When Sam and Sara’s paths cross, neither one of them is prepared for what they will find out about each other—and about themselves when they form an unlikely partnership in search of a seemingly elusive work of art. They have one day to find the impossible. Fate brought their talents together, but what happens when time runs out? Will love be able to overcome fate? This new novel from award-winning author Lisa Mangum explores what happens after hello.
For Fans Of: The Truth About Forever, Who I Kissed, Yearbook, As Always Dave.
My Review: I was super excited to read this book. And I was so glad I did. I loved the whole adventure around New York with a random boy, getting into trouble with a celebrity and learning more about your (Sara’s) personality. It was just a cute, fun, realizing who you are and what you mean to others kinda story.
I loved the setting. After reading this I went on a New York obsession. I was trying to find some way of going there. It was just neat to read about a place I usually don’t come across. Or a place that was described very well.
I really liked Sam’s character. He had depth about him. The internal struggle, the struggle to be good and better, his awareness to everything and everyone, and just how thoughtful he was. As a literary character, I found him very attractive.
Sara was also a deep character, but she came across as whiny and complained a lot. And she was too stubborn.
I’m not used to reading any contemporary young adult novels so it wasn’t as faced paced as I would have liked it. But when I read the last page, I wanted more! I Facebooked Lisa and asked her for a sequel! I think there is definitely potential for a good comeback!
I highly recommend this book if you want a cute little love story.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a cute book and I'm a big fan of the truth about forever. You should start reading more ya contemporary. I was the same way as you but so many people raved about the genre I joined in and am really liking it.
    Devoured by Books

    ReplyDelete