Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Angelfire

Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
Series: Angelfire #1
Genres: Paranormal, Romance, Mythology
Publisher: HarperCollins / Katherine Tegen Books
Released: February 15, 2011
Summary:courtesy of: goodreads.com  First there are nightmares.
Every night Ellie is haunted by terrifying dreams of monstrous creatures that are hunting her, killing her. Then come the memories. When Ellie meets Will, she feels on the verge of remembering something just beyond her grasp. His attention is intense and romantic, and Ellie feels like her soul has known him for centuries. On her seventeenth birthday, on a dark street at midnight, Will awakens Ellie's power, and she knows that she can fight the creatures that stalk her in the grim darkness. Only Will holds the key to Ellie's memories, whole lifetimes of them, and when she looks at him, she can no longer pretend anything was just a dream. Now she must hunt. Ellie has power that no one can match, and her role is to hunt and kill the reapers that prey on human souls. But in order to survive the dangerous and ancient battle of the angels and the Fallen, she must also hunt for the secrets of her past lives and truths that may be too frightening to remember.
For Fans Of: Hush, Hush, Fallen, The Mortal Instruments
My Review: Oh-Em-FREAKING-Gosh! I’m blown away!! I just knew the awesome vibes that this book was giving me were right. I pulled an all-nighter reading this magnificent book and if I wasn’t so tired I would have read it again. Ms. Moulton is very witty with her writing; I was laughing out loud at her descriptions, Ellie’s thoughts and what Ellie would say. She also has the seriousness of the worldly dilemma and the oh so wonderful romance down also.
Her characters are very well written and I felt like they were real people (wish Will was real-I’d steal him in a heartbeat!). I’m so glad that Ellie is actually a heroine worth rooting for. She’s not weak and clingy like Bella from Twilight nor is she too, over independent like Katniss from The Hunger Games. She is the perfect, in-between heroine. Oh William, wonderful, sexy and brooding Will. How I love you! Ellie’s Guardian is perfect. He keeps Ellie’s head on straight, helping her concentrate on saving the world rather than freaking out over what dress to buy for Prom. The way those two play off of each other is wonderful! The fast, witty dialogue is a joy to read. Will and Ellie complement each other very well. No wonder this is such a good romance! Oh and of course action; how could I forget?!
The reapers of many kinds were very cool. I loved how Ms. Moulton didn’t go with the norm of the ‘Grim Reaper’ look and chose her own versions. They fit very well in the world that she has created. Her personal take on the story of Hell vs. Heaven was very original and how each mythological creature associated with this story was mentioned, however in different lights than other ways I’ve seen them portrayed.
I seriously can’t give this book enough praise. I’ve recommended Angelfire to anyone that will listen to me. Of course I couldn’t find one single thing wrong with Angelfire; it was perfect in every way! Five stars just aren’t enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment