Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cover Loving Saturday

Enchanted - Alethea Kontis

Not only is this cover gorgeous, and completely represents what the book is about to me (a fairytale told to perfection) which this cover plays on, I also felt like it captured Sunday's dreaminess.  And having Grumble on the cover also adds to the magic that is this read.  The interior of the book is also incredible lovely.  All of the chapter titles, etc. are set up to mimic old fairytale layouts.  There is so much about this book that I could rant and rave about, but I'm a cover lover, and I can honestly say I probably wouldn't have added it to my "to read" list if I hadn't first been captured by the cover.  To read my review of Enchanted, which is one that I highly recommend for the fairytale lover in all of us (and definitely fun for all ages!) click here.

Unraveling Isobel - Eileen Cook

Unraveling Isobel was another book that I really enjoyed, and this cover (which from what I understand is the paperback and e-book cover) is GORGEOUS and completely embodies what the story is for me.  Not only does the lake play a massive role in the story, but this story is also really fun and sweet and romantic which I feel like the cover embodies.  Although I like the hardback cover, because it high lights that Isobel is an artist, which drives her mother crazy, what I love about this one is that through what she is wearing you can tell that she is more of a hipster/artist and it also shows the relationship that Isobel and Nate have.  I'm not a massive fan of books with kissing covers, but I feel like this one still gives you that romantic aspect without being overly gross.  And the font! So lovely and perfectly placed.  This cover is just so - lovely and minimalistic that I completely adore it!  I also feel like it's geared more towards an older YA audience, which I felt that book embodied.  Ah, so lovely.  For my review on Unraveling Isobel click here.


As always, thank you for this incredible idea imlovingbooks.com.  Everyone check out her site! She is such a fun reviewer! (her link is in our sidebar!)

No comments:

Post a Comment