Friday, June 1, 2012

Hush, Hush

Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Series: Hush, Hush Book #1
Genres: Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing
Released: October 19, 2009
Summary: courtesy of goodreads.com For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.
For Fans Of: Halo, The Dark Divine, The Iron Daughter, Unearthly, and Fallen.
My Review: I love coming across a series that I devour in a weekend. My bff couldn’t get the books to me fast enough. My first thought while reading this book was, oh no not another Twilight themed book. I mean it almost was; with the biology scene, the mysterious, drop dead gorgeous student that sits right by you, and the fact that he has a secret that he can’t tell you, but it involves you. Totally Twilight, but what made me keep reading on was the idea of Fallen Angels. This was my first book regarding the fallen. I’m proud to say that I am a fan!
Nora reminded me of myself and that’s why I liked her. Her best friend Vee reminded me of my bff in high school. So far I was enjoying this. Enter Patch. Hot, sexy, mysterious and all things vavavoom! I was instantly in love, even though he seemed very sketchy (I am drawn to these types of guys, even in books). For some reason, it intrigued me that Patch was trying to kill Nora, but somehow along the way, he fell for her and her for him. It’s like forbidden love. I was reading a review on this book from a goodread’s user and they said something to the effect of Patch being who Edward wanted to be, but couldn’t. Totally true. But Patch isn’t Edward. Thank goodness for that!
I liked how throughout the book, I never could figure out if Patch was the good guy or the bad guy in disguise. I mean you definitely find out which one he is in the end and it’s pretty cool! I just don’t know what more to say about why I love this book so much. It’s one of those books that I read when I want to smile. So I get this book out quite often (often enough that my cat has chewed on it.).

No comments:

Post a Comment