Friday, June 1, 2012

Shiver

Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls Book #1
Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance.
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Released: August 1, 2009
Summary: courtesy of goodreads.com Grace and Sam share a kinship so close they could be lovers or siblings. But they also share a problem. When the temperature slips towards freezing, Sam reverts to his wolf identity and must retreat into the woods to protect his pack. He worries that eventually his human side will fade away and he will be left howling alone at the lonely moon. A stirring supernatural teen romance.
For Fans Of: Lament, The Dark Divine, Nightshade, Raised by Wolves, Beautiful Creatures and Paranormalcy.
My Review: OMG! So glad that Hopeless Wanderer recommended this to me. I was team Jacob when Twilight was huge because Werewolves are so much better than Vampires. This is everything werewolf. That is why it is so freaking good! Reasons why:
1. Wolves are awesome. Especially when you have a wolf protecting you from its hungry pack.
2. What’s better than finding out that your protector wolf is actually a really cute guy?
3. I loved how each chapter was from either Sam or Grace’s point of view. I honestly love books when the author does this. I feel that it makes the story more whole.
4. Maggie Stiefvater is such an excellent author. I’m drawn right into her books and she doesn’t leave me disappointed.
5. Her version of Werewolves was new and refreshing. Even heartbreaking.
6. One of my favorite all time books!

No comments:

Post a Comment