Friday, June 1, 2012

Wings

Author: Aprilynne Pike
Series: Wings #1
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, and Romance
Publisher: HarperTeen
Released: May 5, 2009
Summary: courtesy of goodreads.com Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful--too beautiful for words.
Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.
In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.
For Fans Of: Fairy Tale, Captive, and Lament
My Review: There is so much about this book that I absolutely love! Aprilynne Pike's version of faeries is incredible and these aren't your typical 3 in., tiny winged faeries, these faerie are human like plants. How cool is that!
Pike has lovely descriptions of the so called "wings" which are in fact flowers. Who wouldn't want a flower growing from their backs! :D Pike creates this magical world, that is so easy to follow, and the story plot flows nicely. I love the social classes she creates in the faerie world called Avolon. Its so different, and new that I could not put it down! Drove my mom CRAZY! ;D
I adore the characters so much! Laurel acts like a typical teen, looks like a typical teen, but is in fact a faerie. Her crush on the cute, curly haired, David is so fun to read and I love Tamani!
Oh and don't worry about not having enough action in this book! This book has a very exciting and intense fight scene at the end against trolls, and Laurel learns a cool ability that I sure wish I had. Wings is one of my favorites books, and I will absolutely recommend this to anyone whose looking for an exciting cool twists on faeries.



No comments:

Post a Comment