Monday, March 26, 2012

Anna Dressed In Blood

Author: Kendare Blake
Series: Anna Series #1
Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance,Supernatural.
Publisher: Tor Teen
Released: August 30, 2011
Summary: Courtesy of Goodreads.com Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead. So did his father before him, until his gruesome murder by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father’s mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay. When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn’t expect anything outside of the ordinary: move, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he’s never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, but now stained red and dripping blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home. And she, for whatever reason, spares his life.
For Fans Of: Shattered Souls, Drink Slay Love, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Supernatural.
My Review:  3 words describe what I feel about this book. I. Love. It. Seriously fell in love. I'm a huge Supernatural fan and this reminded me of a younger Dean Winchester, with a bad ass attitude and serious skills for hunting ghosts. I was very skeptical to read this book. I tend to stray away from books from a guys point of view and I'm more into the Paranormal genre than the Supernatural, but boy was I proved wrong! I took my time reading, because I didn't want it to end.
Cas was absolutely loveable, even though he had quite the potty mouth. I fell in love with him. He is so dead set on avenging his father, he knows his ghost lore, not afraid of anything and even has a soft spot for a few people even though he looks like he could care less. Anna. What to say about this wicked, awesome ghost of the century? She tears people apart like a rag doll, summons hallucinations, can turn instantly from sweet to downright venomous, and not to mention her dripping bloodied dress. I instantly liked her. I always love a strong (literally) heroine who can kick some butt. I loved all of Cas' friends. They were all so loyal and wanted to help in anyway they could. The mix between ghost lore, witchcraft and voodoo was excellent. It was a fast paced book, always keeping me on the edge of my seat. I never wanted them to leave Anna's house; that was where all the fun stuff happened!
No matter how good the book is, there is always a downside. I particularly didn't like Cas' mom. She was too clingy and always fretting over Cas, even though he could take care of himself. With all that she most likely saw with her husband hunting, you think she'd be fearless. No, she'd freak out.
I'm definitely waiting for the sequel and I hope it's as gripping as Anna Dressed In Blood is.


No comments:

Post a Comment